February 08, 2006

January 26, 2006 - Cook County Illinois Courts: Chief Judge Timothy Evans and Cook County Sheriff Michael Sheehan

I have been litigating this case for visitation for 6 years in courtroom 1806 of the Daley Center, Chicago, Illinois. I have filed numerous complaints throughout the years against the Judges and the Cook County Sheriff's Department in this matter. Cook County Sheriff Michael Sheehan has not responded to any of my complaints. Chief Judge Timothy Evans is more responsible. He has responded. I am aware there is a "system" in place and he can only do so much. On the other hand, on January 25, 2006 Cook County Sheriff Chief Burrough Cartrette stated to me, "because of "911" and the loss suffered by one of Cook County's Federal Judges' family members", if the Sheriff's office thought you were a threat to the Judge they would come out to your house and arrest you.

What is this person telling me about the Cook County Sheriff's Office? Does this mean a "pro se" person attempting to articulate and litigate his case can be identified as a threat and arrested because he/she addresses mainstream judicial activism/legislating from the bench?

Because of the present situation, my assumption is I will continue to be harassed, intimidated, and threatened by the Illinois Cook County Sheriff's Office and the Judges of Cook County because I address their legislating from the bench. It also appears I will be arrested on some bogus, trumped up charged, and they will use "911" to justify the means toward that end. I will not stop addressing the oppression of the socially disadvantaged and disenfranchised.

January 26, 2006

State of Illinois
Circuit Court of Cook County, Daley Center
Honorable Timothy C. Evans, Chief Judge
2600 Richard J. Daley Center
Chicago, Illinois 60602

Re: In re: Romeo Ashford #00 P 1267

Chief Judge Evans:

On January 25, 2006 I, Fred L Nance Jr., submitted myself to a bystander’s report of proceedings hearing before the Honorable Judge Kathleen McGury. It was reported to Cook County Sheriff Chief Burrough Cartrette and me Judge McGury has ordered extra security present when I litigate in her courtroom. Chief Cartrette asked his floor Sgt. if she knew anything about this order from Judge McGury. She answered no.

The Sheriffs office posted extra officers in and around the courtroom when I attended. This intimidates and discourages me from litigating my issues before the court. It creates duress due to the stress and discrimination of indifferent treatment. The State of Illinois and/or City of Chicago and/or Cook County, “the taxpayers”, are paying for these “extra officers” to intimidate and harass me in my litigating processes.

There were 4 officers present during my litigation processes. When the court was alerted to Judge McGury possibly coming out to the bench, Cook County Sheriff’s Deputy Olejarz stated, “let’s get this party on the way.” Sheriff’s Deputy Olejarz admitted to Cook County Sheriff Chief Cartrette he made the statement. Chief Cartrette disregarded the statement as nothing out of the ordinary.

In addition, the black female clerk stated to Attorney Margaret Benson, opposing counsel, “Judge McGury wants to know if you want to speak to her before this case (Ashford) is called?” This is totally inappropriate. We can assume Judge McGury has been discussing this case with opposing counsel without my knowledge or invite to the discussion. Judge McGury is subject to the Codes of Judicial Misconduct.

Sir, I went to your office to speak to you before court began for me because of the duress I was under. Cook County Sheriff’s Deputy Franklin, Badge #4383, informed me you were at a meeting. I have written you many times about my judicial processes in this case. Please address this issue. Judge McGury has no reason to treat me in this manner. I must be respected as others. The Court intimidates and threatens me, preventing litigation.

Fred L Nance Jr.
cc: http://clickforjusticeandequality.blogspot.com/ published and posted
Michael Sheehan, Cook County Illinois Sheriff (fax copies sent only)