September 21, 2005

Senator Barack Obama #2

July 10, 2005

United States Senator
Barack Obama
230 S. Dearborn St., Suite 3900
Chicago, Illinois 60604

Dear Senator:

On or about July 1, 2005, I delivered a letter, with accompanying documents, to your Chicago office dated July 4, 2005, and spoke with Ms. Jennifer regarding your statement when Justice O’Connor resigned, you presented President Bush with a challenge. WMAQ-TV (Dick Kay) refers to you making a statement about whom President Bush should think about appointing. You state, in part, “…just a judge who is in the mainstream of judicial thinking.”

Jennifer asked me what would I like for your office to do. I briefly explained my letter and requested your office to speak to the Honorable Judge Timothy Evans. After leaving your office, I thought that I limited myself of an investigation into judicial improprieties. I called your office back on July 1, 2005 to speak to Jennifer. I left a message for her to call me. I have not received a call.

Therefore, I am writing to supplement the letter dated July 4, 2005. I would like for your office to look into not only the possible judicial improprieties at the Daley Center, but also the Judicial Inquiry Board and the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission as requested in my letter of July 1, 2005. Attached is a supplemental document dated February 5, 2001, which I submitted to the Judicial Inquiry Board involving Judges I complained about regarding the Estate of Romeo Nance-Ashford.

One of the issues was when I presented this case to the Appellate Court on November 13, 2001. The various Judges who presided over this case prevented me from filing a complete certified copy of a Bystander’s Report pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 323(c), that is, Judges Everette Braden, James Riley, and Kenneth Wright.

As stated in my letter and motion present before the court, I have asked Judge James Riley to recuse himself from this matter. I have filed a motion to recuse a judge in Judge James Riley’s courtroom, which will be heard on July 15, 2005 at 10:00 am in courtroom 1809 at the Daley Center.

Please accept this supplemental letter and attached letter to Mr. Vincent Phillip of the Judicial Inquiry Board dated February 5, 2001, which I have copied and pasted from my file, as an addition to support the investigation I have requested.

Thank you.

cc: Judicial Inquiry Board, Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission, Reuters News, Associated Press, Operation Push, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, Honorable Judge Timothy Evans, Honorable Judge Henry Budzinski, National Public Radio (NPR).


February 5, 2001


Mr. Vincent Phillip
Judicial Inquiry Board

Per our conversation on February 5, 2001 at approximately 12:00pm, I submit the following:

The following individuals are part of my request for review and/or discipline in accordance with all rules and procedures that govern such actions in a court of law, which aligns itself with the Rule of Law.

Chief Judge Donald P. O’Connell – for his non-action in these matters

Supervising Judge Henry Budzinski – for his non-action in these matters

Judge Marya Nega – for her actions in this matter

Judge Everette A. Braden – for his actions in this matter

Judge James G. Riley – for his actions in this matter

If there are any other questions or responses needed, please do not hesitate to call.

Thank you,

Fred Nance Jr.