September 23, 2005

W.O.W. Cable

People need to know how WOW operates and their limits on reasonable contact with those in authority.

August 10, 2005

WOW INTERNET, CABLE, PHONE
Ms. Colleen Abdoulah, President & CEO

Re: Installation of Cable Service on acct. # 8855110370058121

I, Fred Nance Jr., am writing this letter to complain about the character and behavior of one of your employees who provides installation service. The phone numbers I will refer to regarding your employees in this correspondence were gathered from my cell phone caller ID.

I do not have an address to mail a hard copy of this complaint. I searched the WOW website and could not find an address. I attempted contact of the dispatcher in my area through a telephone representative of WOW, but was informed that the dispatcher’s number could not be given out. Therefore, I am left with contacting the President & CEO. It appears to me that something is wrong with this picture.

On August 8, 2005 I had a scheduled 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm (CST) installation for Cable service with WOW. Mr. Rolando called me from phone number 773-640-8496 at approximately 12:08 pm (CST) stating he had a cancellation and would like to come by my home for the installation. I informed him that I was located in downtown Chicago at the time and could not come home until my scheduled appointment. Mr. Rolando stated that he would attempt to get a colleague to fulfill my order between 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm since I could not receive service at this time.

An employee of WOW called me from phone number 773-858-6204 at approximately 2:38 pm (CST) stating, “This is the service rep for WOW, where are you?” I said, “I am at the corner store. I am 5 minutes away. I am in my car now on my way to my house. Are you at my house?” The service rep stated, “I am in the area. Where exactly are you?” I stated, “I am on my way home. I will be there in about 3 minutes.” The service rep stated, “Exactly where are you?” I said, “Where are you?” The service rep stated, “I asked you a simple question.” I said, “Who do you think you are talking too? Where are you?” The service rep stated, “I asked you a simple question. Where are you?”

I asked the service rep for his name. He refused to give me his name. He refused to tell me his location. When I arrived home the service rep was still on the phone asking me where am I. The service rep was not at my home. I informed the service I was calling his company to report this issue. I informed the service rep he was not welcomed in my home. I informed the service rep if he could not give me his name he could not come into my home. I ended the conversation and called WOW.

I called 866-496-9669 and talked to Eddie. I explained my issue as stated above. Eddie put me on hold stating he was calling the dispatcher with the complaint. Eddie came back to our conversation stating a different service rep is in route to my home and that the service rep who called me from 773-858-6204 was not coming to my home. I asked Eddie where was he stationed in case I needed to refer to our conversation. He informed me he was stationed in Colorado Springs.

2 WOW service reps appeared at my front door at approximately 3:45 pm. I asked the service reps if one of them was the person who insulted me on the phone, and if they were the one he was not welcomed in my home. The Hispanic guy, Rolando, stated he talked to me earlier about 12:00 pm about the early service. I told Rolando that this call was about 2:30 pm. The other service rep stated he did not talk to me at all over the phone.

As the service reps starting working on my service outside my house, I called the number from my cell phone, which is 773-858-6204, attempting to see when the phone rang if it belong to the service reps at my home. The phone’s answering service came on with the person stating his name, which I believe is Lafeet or something that sounds like that.

When the service rep Rolando entered my house to service the inside, I asked him what was his partner’s name. Rolando said Lafeet or something like that. I did not want to question him or ask him to spell his colleague’s name. I informed Rolando that I did not want his colleague to enter my home. I informed Rolando that I did not want his colleague to do any service to my home. Rolando went outside and informed his colleague of what I said. I did not see the colleague anymore. I explained the statement above to Rolando and why I did not want his colleague in my home. Rolando was very apologetic stating that he had no knowledge of the conversation I had with Lafeet. Rolando also stated he thought it strange when his colleague called him off from another job to tell him he had to come to my house with him.

On August 9, 2005 at approximately 2:15 pm (CST) I talked to Sharon #SLH in Texas. I explained the issues above. I asked for contact information for you, Ms. Abdoulah. Sharon did not have an address for you. Sharon advised me to go to http://www.wowway.com/, go to the Fast Active Menu and scroll down to Management Team. I asked her for the dispatcher’s phone number in my area. She stated she could not give out that information. I requested her supervisor call me back. I gave Sharon my contact information, that is, 708-921-1395. No one called me back.

Therefore, I will cancel my service with WOW on or about August 17, 2005 when I pick back up my previous service with COMCAST. I cannot have service from a company that operates in this manner. My issues with COMCAST are not this severe. I needed a line in my living room but the service rep did not have time to do it stating because he was called away from another job that was incomplete. I will post this complaint at

http://www.complaints.com/ and at http://www.clickservices.org/.