July 23, 2013

Gov. Bob McDonnell apologizes, repays $120K loans - Elizabeth Titus - POLITICO.com

Gov. Bob McDonnell apologizes, repays $120K loans - Elizabeth Titus -  POLITICO.com: 'via Blog this'

It is a watershed moment in a case that has dogged McDonnell, once thought to be a likely presidential contender in 2016. “Being Governor of Virginia is the highest honor of my 37 years in public service,” McDonnell said. “I am deeply sorry for the embarrassment certain members of my family and I brought upon my beloved Virginia and her citizens. I want you to know that I broke no laws and that I am committed to regaining your sacred trust and confidence. I hope today’s action is another step toward that end.”


Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/bob-mcdonnell-apology-94629.html#ixzz2Zvt2HOjK