March 16, 2006

March 26, 2006 - Illinois Cook County Clerk David Orr - Primary Election Process in South Holland Illinois

March 26, 2006

Mr. David Orr
Cook County Clerk
Administration Office
69 West Washington, 5th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60602

Re: Primary Election of March 21, 2006

Mr. Orr:

My name is Fred L Nance Jr. On March 23, 2006 my home received a brochure illustrating the new format for voting. Your brochure suggests two ways of voting, such as optical scan (paper ballot) and touch-screen (electronic voting). I was given a paper ballot.

Your brochure states, “After voting, insert your ballot into the optical scan machine.” When I was done voting, using the paper ballot, one of the judges directed me to put my paper ballot in a large metal canister. I did not and was not instructed to put my paper ballot into an optical scan machine. I saw a machine but I was not instructed to use it.

My polling place address is South Holland Community Center, 501 East 170th Street, South Holland, Illinois 60473, Thornton PCT. 90. As I look at your brochure, I see a procedure that was not followed by the judges in the polling place. I remember the person’s “face” who gave me instructions of where my ballot went after I voted.

Sir, I would like a response from your office to whether my vote was counted. I would like to know why I was not allowed to put my paper ballot in the optical scan machine. I would like to know who monitors the voting processes in South Holland, Illinois. I would like to know who put my vote in the optical scan machine. I would like to know how my vote was counted.

I hope to hear from your office soon.

Thank you.


Fred Nance Jr., ABD, MA, CADC, NCRS

cc: http://clickforjusticeandequality.blogspot.com/
Mr. Jesse Jackson, The Rainbow/Push Coalition